4 October 2011

Hear No Evil - Chapter 8

"You bought me to a fairground!" Sue said excitedly.

Jack had to chuckle at her. Her excitement was infectious and his smile soon became just as beaming as her was. He was about to speak when she flung herself into his arms, his arms instinctively wrapping round her to hold her close. He held her tightly as she thanked him over and over, rocking them from side to side in her excitement. She felt good in his arms and he looked forward to the day when he could hold her like this and not have to worry any repercussions. Despite him wanting to hold her there for as long as possible, he gently pulled her away and spoke.

"I'm glad you like it, I wasn't sure whether you would or not. Now do you understand why we couldn't bring Levi?"

She nodded at him, the tinge of sadness returning to her eyes for a moment when he mentioned her faithful companion. The sadness was fleeting when she took another look at the bright lights coming from the fairground and she reminded him of a little kid in a sweet shop.

"How could you think I would not like this? I haven't been to a fairground since I was a little girl."
"I figured as much. It's not usually something that adults do, at least not adults who don't have kids, I just thought it would be something different." He said as he shrugged
"Well I love it Jack, thank you."

Sue placed a gentle kiss to his cheek before she grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the entrance. Taking a $20 out of his wallet, Jack paid for them both and they entered the fairground.

No comments:

Post a Comment