10 November 2011

The Runaway Groom - Chapter 13

Jack staggered backwards with the force of the impact, his hand automatically going up to his now throbbing cheek. Focussing his eyes, he stared at Lucy as she stood in front of him, waving a piece of paper, the words leaving her mouth running into one.

“What did you do to her Jack? What did you say to make her leave? She’s gone Jack. You’ve driven her away? I’ll never forgive you for this.”

Jack listened to the words, still not fully understanding what had just happened. It was only then that he realised that Bobby was there too, trying to calm Lucy down. He looked to him for answers.

“What’s going on Crash?”
“She’s gone mate. I took the girls home, seeing as Sue had driven to the church and then took the car. Lucy offered me a drink so I went up with her only to find a note from Sue along with her apartment key.”

Jack listened to Bobby, the words not fully penetrating his brain. Sue had gone? Bobby took the letter from a now sobbing Lucy and passed it to Jack, who began to read the words.

Lucy


I’m so sorry but I can’t stay here anymore. I can’t be around Jack after everything that’s happened, it’s just too hard. You are a dear friend and I shall never forget you. Please don’t try and find me, I shall be in touch when I can. Let the team know that I’m safe and I love them all.


Sue

Jack lowered his hand and stared at Lucy and Bobby. He didn’t know what to say. He knew Lucy blamed him, and from reading the letter, he knew why.

“What happened Jack? Tell me the truth. My best friend has upped and left with no real explanation other than it has something to do with you.”

Jack was in a state of shock as he rounded his couch and sat down. Bobby and Lucy followed and sat either side of him as he spoke.

“I’ve lost her.”

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it but sad !! poor jack :'( sigh sigh
    write more soon!

    ReplyDelete