2 November 2011

Hear No Evil - Chapter 46

After taking Price back to the Hoover building, Bobby and Jack were in the interrogation room, sitting across from Marcus Price. The rest of the team were in the adjoining room observing the interview. Bobby was leading the questioning. 

“So Marcus, tell us why you kidnapped these women? You must have had a reason.”
“Oh I had a reason alright. Those dummies ruined my life. They don’t deserve to be on this planet. They are worthless.”

As he listened to Price, Bobby glanced across at Jack who sat next to him. He could see from the way his jaw was set that it was taking all of his self control not to reach across the table and grab him.

“Now why do you think that? What did these women ever do to you?” Bobby asked him as he leaned forward.
“They are the reason why I went inside. They are the reason why my mother ignored me. She was too wrapped up in teaching those dummies how to speak that she forgot that I even existed.”

Bobby sat back in his seat and just looked at Price. He’d had him pegged as the type of guy who blamed everyone else for everything that went wrong in his life and he was proving him right in what he was saying. He saw his partner lean forward and speak.

“That was twenty years ago Marcus.” Jack said incredulously.
“I have a long memory Agent Hudson. My mom would cancel time with me to teach one of more of those girls. She forgot all about me, wanted nothing to do with me. I tried allsorts to get her attention but nothing worked.”
“And you couldn’t do anything about it then so you thought you would make up for lost time.” Bobby asked. “I have a question Marcus. Why did you release Rosemary?”
“She was different to the others. I didn’t’ realise at the beginning that she had a baby. I knew what it was like to grow up without your mother around and I didn’t want that for her baby too.” Marcus explained.
“Well what do you know, a murderer with a conscience?” Bobby stated, turning to Jack.
“I am no murderer.” Price said as she slammed his hands on the table. “The deaths of those two women were accidental. They were trying to escape and they fell and hit their heads on a table.”
“And their bodies just happened to transport themselves to the Potomac?” jack asked as he raised his brows. “When is the third women Marcus. Maria Lopez. Where are you keeping her?”

Jack looked at price as he contemplated his answer. Jack figured he was weighing up his options and hoped that he made the right choice.

“She is in a warehouse about ten blocks from here. You can’t miss it. It’s the old paper factory.” Marcus said with a sigh.
“Does your mother know what you have done Marcus? I am sure she will be so proud of you.”
“Oh yeah, I’m sure she does, although she probably won’t believe it, even when you tell her.”

At that moment, Jack and Bobby looked up as D opened the door and called them both over. The two agents stood and went into the observation room with D, glancing at Price as he wrung his hands together.

“Myles is putting a team together and is on his way there now. Barbara Casey just arrived. She is in interrogation two.”

No comments:

Post a Comment