7 November 2011

The Runaway Groom - Chapter 9


After Jack had left the church, it was left to Bobby to sort everything. It was a little under thirty minutes since Jack had left, and the last people were leaving the church. Everyone still wanted to know why the wedding had been cancelled, but Bobby remained tight lipped, saying it was a mutual decision between Jack and Allie.

After the last person had gone, only the team were left. Bobby had told them the same thing he’d told everyone else mainly to not arouse suspicion. How the team were on their own, the questions began.

“So, what’s the real reason Bobby? Mutual decision isn’t going to cut it. Allie adores Jack, she wouldn’t just decide she didn’t want to marry him.” Tara asked.

Seeing all of his friends looking at him, Bobby slumped down in the nearest pew. Everyone sat around him. He could feel their eyes on him, even Myles wanted answers.

“He didn’t love her.” Bobby told them, not missing the faint smile that crossed Lucy’s lips.
“That explains where Sue’s gone.” Lucy looked around her friends, all looked confused. “Don’t tell me you don’t know? Myles, you said it yourself a few months ago, Jack and Sue have this kind of chemistry.”
“So you think Jack dumped Allie because he is in love with the fair Miss Thomas?” Myles asked.
“That’s exactly what I think. And now Jack is gone and so is Sue, they must be together.”

Lucy couldn’t hide the excitement from her voice, which faded when she looked at Bobby’s face.

“I wouldn’t count on it luv. I think Sue saw Jack saying he loved her when he was explaining things to me. A few minutes later, she bolted from the vestry and drove off. I don’t think Sparky got the reaction he was hoping for.”

Lucy opened her mouth to speak before she was stopped.

“Excuse me, but I have another wedding soon and I need to get the church ready. I’m afraid you will all have to leave.”
“Sure thing father.” Bobby said as he stood. “Sorry for wasting your time today.”
“Don’t worry about it my son. That young man did the right thing if he didn’t love his bride. I just hope everything works out for the best.”
“So do I father, so do I.”

No comments:

Post a Comment