26 February 2012

The Runaway Groom - Chapter 14

Apologies for the delay in posting everyone....things have been a bit manic recently.


Bobby and Lucy looked at each other as Jack repeated those three words over and over. Despite her initial anger, she was now worried about her friend and team leader. 

“Jack, tell us what happened. Maybe we can help, or at least understand why Sue has gone.”
“It’s my fault. It’s all my fault. She saw me telling.....someone that I loved her and it all went downhill from there.” 

Lucy sat back and listened to Jack. Sue had run off because Jack had told her he loved her. It didn’t make any sense. She knew that Sue was deeply in love with Jack. When he’d announced his engagement to Allie, Sue had been devastated. Only Lucy knew how she’d really taken the news. 

“That doesn’t make any sense Jack. Why would Sue run when she feels the same way about you?” 

Lucy watched as Jack lifted his head suddenly and looked at her.

“She never told you did she?” Lucy asked, the look in his eyes telling her the answer. “Oh Jack.”
“If she loves me Luce then why has she gone?

All Lucy could do was look at her team leader, his heart breaking right in front of her. She looked at Bobby, hoping he would know what to say, but he remained silent.

“I don’t know Jack, but I think it might have something to do with Allie.”
“Allie? I called it off with Allie because I love Sue.”
“I know that Jack, but think of it from Sue’s point of view. You cancelled your wedding to a woman who clearly loves you because you loved her.” She paused before continuing, seeing that neither of the men were following her. “In Sue’s mind, she feels guilty for causing so much pain to Allie. It’s because of her that you two aren’t married. She is the reason why Allie is now alone.”
“That ridiculous Luce. I am the one who ended it with Allie, not Sue. She had nothing to do with it.”
“You said it yourself Jack, you called off your wedding to Allie because you love Sue. Sue is the reason you couldn’t go through with it. Don’t you see? Sue blames herself for what’s happened.”

No comments:

Post a Comment